Setting up your nursery and preparing for your baby to come home? Changing pads are an essential tool for new parents. They provide a clean, soft surface for changing your baby’s diaper, and they help keep your changing area organized and hygienic. With so many different types of changing table pads on the market, it can be challenging to know which one to choose. Keep reading to see some of our top picks of the best changing pads available and what sets them apart.
Summer 4-Sided Changing Pad
This durable and comfortable diaper changing pad that’s perfect for changing dirty diapers and fits most changing tables. The 4 high curved sides and quick release safety strap keep your baby securely on the changing pad. And the furniture strap underneath the pad lets you attach it to a changing table or dresser. The non-skid bottom ensures that it stays put. The durable quilted vinyl cover is made of waterproof material, so you can easily wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
Keekaroo Peanut Changer
This diaper changing pad is a game changer when it comes to diaper changing pads! It’s made of a strong outer shell that won’t absorb any fluids, so you don’t have to worry about any mess seeping through. The surface allows for immediate cleaning, so you don’t need any additional changing pad cover. It’s super easy to wipe down! One of the things I love about this changing pad is that it’s slip-resistant and it’s firm but soft. Overall, it’s more pricey but definitely worth the investment with such easy cleanup.
Graco Premium Contoured Changing Pad
This is a great choice for all parents looking for a high-quality changing pad that is both comfortable and safe for their little one. The changing surface is made of a water-resistant material that is both comfortable and durable, making it easy to wipe clean and keep your baby dry during diaper changes. The non-skid bottom and two straps help to keep the pad securely in place on your changing table.
Hatch Baby Grow Smart Changing Pad and Scale
This is great if you want to track your baby’s growth. This is the best smart changing pad that comes with a built in wireless scale that allows you to track your baby’s weight gain between doctor visits. This is particularly helpful for parents who are concerned about their baby’s weight and want to ensure that their little one is getting enough nutrition. The Hatch Baby changing pad is soft, comfortable, and easy to clean, making it perfect for frequent diaper changes.
Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
The double-layered top foam pad that will keep your baby cozy during a hadiaper change. And the 2 high, curved sides and quick-release safety belt provide extra security. One thing that really stands out about this changing table pad is that it’s easy to clean. The durable, quilted double layer PEVA vinyl is waterproof and can be easily wiped clean. A 100% cotton liner is included to provide an extra layer of protection between your baby and the changing pad and can be washed.
Skip Hop Baby Changing Pad
This contoured and cushioned foam pad is comfortable for your baby, and it has a tuck-away toy bar that comes with a baby-safe mirror. This is great for keeping your little one entertained during diaper changes. The Skip Hop pad is wipeable and won’t absorb any liquids or smells. This makes it super easy to clean up messes and means no need for changing pad covers. It also has a non-skid base with tabletop attachment and a security strap to keep your baby secure.
Portable Changing Pad for Baby Diaper Bag
This portable pad is perfect for parents on-the-go! This is the best portable changing pad and it is designed to be used with just one hand, so you can hold your little one with the other hand. It has pockets to hold all your diaper changing essentials. It has a padded surface and a small, soft memory foam pillow. The waterproof material on the inside and water-wicking material on the outside makes it easy to clean.
MBJERRY Waterproof Portable Changing Table Pads
These pads come in a pack of 3 with cute colors. What’s great about them is that they have 3 different sizes to choose from. So you can use it on a changing table, on a sofa, even as a mattress protector, or during play time on the floor. They’re great to have for an on the go diaper changing station. They’re super absorbent and waterproof. Just be sure to wash them by hand or in the washing machine, but don’t put them in the dryer as it can damage the waterproof layer.
100 Pack Disposable Changing Pads
These are perfect for parents who are always on-the-go and want an easy solution to diaper changes. A disposable changing pad is lightweight and portable, so you can easily carry a few in your diaper bag wherever you go. They have high absorption and are are completely leak-proof. These pads are convenient and disposable, which means you don’t have to worry about cleaning them.
How many changing pads do you need?
The number of changing pads you need really depends on your personal preferences and lifestyle. Many parents choose to have at least one changing pad for each of the following locations: a changing table or dresser, a portable pad for use on-the-go, and a spare pad for emergencies. If you have multiple floors in your home, you may also want a changing pad for each level. Or if you frequently stay at the grandparents, they might have one there, too. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide how many changing pads you need for diaper duty based on your individual needs and circumstances.
What to consider when choosing a changing pad
- Size: Make sure the changing pad fits your changing table or dresser, and that it is large enough for your baby. There are standard sizes to fit most changing tables.
- Comfort: You want to look for a changing pad that keeps your baby comfortable, with soft, thick padding or memory foam. Also, consider whether it has contoured sides to keep your baby from rolling off while changing diapers.
- Material: Choose a changing pad made of easy-to-clean, waterproof materials such as vinyl or PVC, as babies can be messy during diaper changes.
- Portability: If you plan to use the changing pad on-the-go, consider a portable and lightweight option. Some, you might also be able to use at your home changing station as well as take with you.
- Safety: We look for changing pad features like safety straps or belts to secure your baby during diaper changes. Most changing pads actually come with safety straps! A contoured shape can also help keep your baby in place.
- Extras: Some changing pads come with extra features such as pockets for storing wipes and diapers, or a built-in cover to protect the pad when not in use. A built in baby scale is a big extra feature worth considering! A safety belt as mentioned before is a great plus for some, too.
- Easy to clean: For some, you will need to get a waterproof cover while for others you can simply wipe off any messes. For everyday use we really prefer not having to wash covers all the time but instead be able to just wipe clean any leaks.
- Eco-friendliness: Consider eco-friendly options that are made of organic or sustainable materials, and have been certified to be free from harmful chemicals. Disposable changing pads are not the way to go if you want to create less waste but they are convenient!
Choosing the right changing pad for you and your baby depends on your needs, budget, and personal preferences. Ultimately, any of these changing pads will provide a clean, comfortable, and safe surface for changing your baby’s diaper. You can put baby gear like this on your baby registry!
As you’re looking for baby products for your nursery, you might like a small rocking chair for small spaces and nursery bookshelves for baby books. After all the diapers at the end of the day you’ll probably want to wash your baby in a baby bath tub.