Are you setting up your nursery in a small space? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. As someone who has been there, I know that finding the right furniture to fit in a small nursery can be a challenge. That’s why I highly recommend considering a small rocking chair or glider. Not only do they provide a cozy spot for snuggles and story time, but they also offer a smooth rocking motion that can calm fussy babies and help them drift off to sleep. Let’s look at some nursery rocking chairs and gliders for small nurseries.
KINFFICT Small Rocking Accent Chair
This chair is upholstered in a soft and luxurious loop velvet material that feels amazing to the touch. What’s great about this chair is that it’s not only comfortable, but it’s also incredibly sturdy and durable. The frame and legs are made of solid wood and metal, ensuring that it can safely support up to 250 pounds.
The ergonomic design of the small nursery chair is another highlight. It has a wide and high backrest and ergonomically designed armrests, which provide great comfort and support for your whole body. And when you lean on it or rock it, you’ll feel relaxed and rejuvenated after a long day. It’s the perfect rocking chair for soothing and rocking your little one to sleep in a small nursery space.
Dimensions: 32″D x 26″W x 37″H
NIOIIKIT Nursery Rocking Chair Teddy Upholstered
This chair is not only stylish but also very comfortable, making it perfect for those long nights with your little one in smaller spaces. It provides great comfort and safety with its high backrest and armrest. The chair’s sturdy and durable frame is made of steel and solid wood, ensuring great stability and a high load capacity of 250 lbs.
The long curved legs with foot pads are made of solid wood to protect your floor. Assembling this rocking chair is also quite easy, taking only about 20 minutes. Then it’s ready to use in the baby’s nursery.
Dimensions: 32″D x 28″W x 37″H
It can bear up to 300 pounds. This nursery chair is versatile and can fit into different spaces with its compact structure. You can put it in your living room, bedroom, or study without taking up too much space.
Dimensions: 32″D x 26″W x 37″H
DaVinci Gabby Pillowback Swivel Glider
The metal base of the nursery glider allows for a smooth and gentle 360 degree swivel motion and forward and backward gliding. It’s designed to be comfortable for both you and your little ones while feeding or rocking them to sleep. One thing I really like about this small nursery glider is the high, pillowback design which allows moms and dads to comfortably lean back and rest.
One thing that makes this nursing chair really special is that it’s GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED. This means it’s been tested to create a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
Dimensions: 33.5″D x 27″W x 41.25″H
Dolonm Mid-Century Modern Nursery Rocking Armchair
The chair has a high backrest and cozy armrests, making it ergonomic and providing you with great support for your whole body. It also has convenient storage pockets for all your baby gear you might need for night feedings. And it has a mid-century modern design that will look great in small spaces wether it be your baby’s room or living room.
Dimensions: 37″D x 27.1″W x 39.7″H
Difference between a rocking chair and a glider?
A rocking chair typically has a curved base that allows it to rock back and forth on two curved runners. The motion is created by shifting your weight back and forth, which propels the chair in a gentle rocking motion. Traditional rocking chairs are usually wooden but a nursery rocking chair can come in a variety of styles, from traditional wooden designs to modern upholstered chairs with comfortable padded arm cushions.
A nursery glider, on the other hand, uses a different type of motion. Instead of rocking on a curved base, a nursery glider sits on a flat base and moves forward and backward in a smooth, sliding motion. The gliding motion is created by a mechanism underneath the seat that allows it to move back and forth on a fixed track. Nursery gliders can also come in a range of styles, from contemporary upholstered designs to more traditional wooden frames.
Nursery rocking chairs tend to have a more classic and traditional look, while gliders can be more modern and sleek. The type of motion may also be a factor – some people prefer the smooth gliding motion of a glider, while others prefer the gentle back-and-forth rocking of a nursery rocking chair. Additionally, gliders tend to be more expensive than rocking chairs due to their more complex design and mechanism.
Features to look for in a small rocking chair for nursery
- Comfort: The chair should be comfortable for both you and your baby. Look for a chair that has a well-padded seat, backrest, and padded armrests. Some chairs also come with a matching ottoman or a pop up foot rest to help you relax.
- Size: Since you are looking for small nursery rocking chairs and gliders, make sure it fits well in your nursery space. Measure the area in the small space where you plan to place the chair before purchasing. You want to have enough room to still access your other furniture easily.
- Safety: Safety should be a top priority. Look for a chair with a sturdy and stable base. Check for any sharp edges or corners that could harm your baby.
- Durability: A rocking chair should be durable enough to withstand regular use. Look for a chair made of high-quality materials that can hold up over time.
- Ease of cleaning: Babies can be messy, so look for nursery gliders or chairs that is easy to clean. Opt for a chair with removable and washable cushions or covers.
- Nursery style: While functionality is important, the chair’s style and design should also be taken into account. Choose a chair that matches your other nursery furniture, the nursery decor and your personal style.
- Price: There is a wide range of prices for rocking chairs. Determine your budget and look for a chair that fits within it. Keep in mind that a quality chair is an investment that can last for years.
One thing to consider with any nursery furniture you get is your own size, especially when opting for smaller sized nursery furniture. For tall parents chairs that are smaller it could be a bit more uncomfortable if your legs are long. You might want an extra foot rest.
We hope you could find the perfect small rocking chair or the best small nursery glider that fits in your space and personal preference. Nursery chairs are essential for many parents, for some other nursery furniture, we love nursery bookshelves for all the books and little things you need storage for.